The perfect base for exploring both Raasay and the Isle of Skye.
much more than a ‘hotel’, Raasay House is renowned for friendly, personalised service and a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Raasay House boasts a range of high quality rooms and is easily accessed from the Sconser ferry terminal on Skye. The stunningly scenic 25 minute ferry trip from Skye adds something magical to your stay and marks the beginning of your unique Hebridean island experience. You don’t have to book the ferry or bring a car over as we are happy to collect you from the ferry on arrival. If you prefer you can enjoy a short 5 minute stroll or bike ride from the ferry terminal up the foot path to Raasay House.
Once the clan seat of the Macleods of Raasay, the house is set it’s own beautiful grounds and offers fabulous views out over the sea to the majestic Cuillin mountains of Skye. Raasay House is very accessible from the Isle of Skye and this makes it the perfect place to stay when exploring the both the Isle of Raasay and the Isle of Skye.
Recently renovated and fully refurbished, Raasay House has 22 bedrooms of varying styles. Our diverse range or rooms include Deluxe Sea facing, Shared Bunk Accommodation and a selection of great rooms in-between. From free spirited solo explorers, to couples, families and groups: we really do have accommodation to suit each and every one of our valued guests.
We look forward to welcoming you to your Unique Island Experience.
RAASAY HOUSE ROOMS
Browse our room information by clicking on each type of room below or use the booking search on the top right to check availability on any date you’d like.
Please note that is the type of room you are looking for does not show on the dates requested this means that type is fully booked on those dates.
- Don’t rush your Raasay Visit. We often have guests commenting that they wish they had booked an extra day or two. There is a lot of ground to cover for those who enjoy walking. You should really allow a day each for the main walks on the island such as reaching the peak of Dunn Caan and the wonderful hike to the haunting cleared township of Hallaig. When the weather is fair you will kick yourself if you have to rush off and miss out on Sailing or Kayaking around the bay, as these are the best ways to have a chance of seeing Dolphins, Otters, Seals and more. Leaving plenty of time to explore is actually a good tip for your entire Highland tour itinerary.
- Allow plenty of time for travel. No matter where you are travelling from.
- Double check the ferry timetable and travel arrangements. If in doubt give us a call. We’re here to help and we wan’t make sure you have the easiest time getting here. Sometimes SAT NAVS have a funny idea of how to best reach us so again please drop us an email or call just to make sure. We’re happy to hear from you.
- Check the type of room you are booking. I know that sounds obvious but we do have a wide range of accommodation and if you definitely need a TV or can’t live without a bath then please make sure you pick the room with these facilities. Moving you into another room may not be possible when you you arrive and we are fully booked.
- Booking Securely On-line is the quickest way to book a room and if you book through our website you may even find special deals from time to time.
LOUNGES AND PUBLIC AREAS