We are delighted to announce that we will be opening on the 17th of May.
It’s been quite a year and we’ve missed our guests so much. We can’t wait to see the familiar faces of our regular hotel guests as well as all the new people that we will meet this summer.
Here are some booking tips for new customers and a refresher for our regular customers:
- Stay awhile – The Isle of Raasay may be a small island, but you can fill your time up quite quickly. Take a few days, at least, to enjoy everything.
- Always book direct – Booking.com and other sites are usually about 20-25% more expensive than booking direct. We are confident that won’t find our rates cheaper elsewhere. If you do, let us know and we’ll match it.
- Choose your ideal room – We’re very lucky here in the respect that we have a wide range of rooms to suit a variety of family types and groups. If you are not sure let us know who you are travelling with and we will give you advice on the very best room type or combinations of room type for you.
- Be adventurous – Try that Coasteering or Kayaking session or just jump on the RIB and sit back and enjoy the experience of whizzing around from scenic place to place.
- Relax – You don’t have to worry about anything while you are with us. We will take care of everything to make your stay is comfortable, relaxing and safe.
Peace of mind
As we take our first steps into the easing of restrictions we understand that although going on holiday will bring excitement, there may be a little apprehension too. We want to put your mind at rest and let you know that we have taken every precaution for your safety. Here are a few of our coronavirus prevention measures:
- Deep cleaning of rooms using antiviral sanitisers
- Key sanitisation between guests
- Routine cleaning of touchpoints like door pushes throughout the day
- Partitions where necessary
- 1-meter distancing indoors
- Hand sanitiser stations throughout the Hotel
- Mask wearing policy inside the house when not seated
- Ordering through an app instead of physical menus
- Ventilation in the dining rooms and bar
- Pre check in coronavirus questionnaire – Only travel if you are symptom free
You don’t need to worry about changed plans and cancellation policies. All of our rates are flexible this year up to the last 48 hours before arrival. Not only that but if you cancel within the last 48 hours and the reason is covid illness or restrictions then you will be refunded with no fuss.
Please note that this opening date is dependant on the easing of restrictions going to the plan laid out in the Scottish Government timeline. We hope that travel between the rest of the UK and Scotland will be permitted by the 17th of May. If not please remember our cancellations and any change of date is free.